We are one of the oldest schools in Antigua Guatemala with 35 years of experience all activities and study materials are free. We are authorized by the Minister of Education of Guatemala.
Weekly Prices: 5 days (Monday to Friday)
- 2 hours daily: $ 95.00 per week (GTQ 725)
- 3 hours daily: $ 135.00 per week (GTQ 1020)
- 4 hours daily: $ 175.00 per week (GTQ 1330)
- 5 hours daily: $ 190.00 per week (GTQ 1440)
- 6 hours daily: $ 200.00 per week (GTQ 1530)
- 7 hours daily: $ 210.00 per week (GTQ 1600)
- 8 hours daily: $ 220.00 per week (GTQ 1670)
*The prices in US dollar denominations are approximate and may change in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations. The prices in Quetzal are exact. The tuition must be paid using the local currency, the Guatemalan Quetzal (GTQ).
*These prices do not include host-family
You may study 5, 6 or 7 days a week, Saturday and Sunday included. You can move in with your host family and start your course on any day of the week.
Living with a family
While all of our host families offer the warm hospitality and integration that makes Antigua such a desirable and memorable destination, it is possible for us to offer three distinct standards of accommodation to those wishing to participate in our Homestay Program.
Homestay Program A
- Modest standard of accommodation. May be considered quite rustic by Western
- Location outside of Central Antigua.
- No private bathroom available.
- Private bedroom.
- Three meals per day except on Sunday. Simple meals with little variation.
- Good value for travelers on a budget such as backpackers, long term volunteers.
Cost: $75 per week per person.
Homestay Program B
- Standard of accommodation is comfortable and will be familiar to most Westerners.
- Located in Central Antigua close to Don Pedro Spanish School.
- Private bedroom.
- Three meals per day except on Sunday. Meals varied, healthy and well balanced.
Cost with shared bathroom: $135 per week per person. (GTQ 1030)
Cost with private bathroom: $165 per week per person. (GTQ 1255)
Two People Sharing One Room
Cost for two people sharing with shared bathroom: $245 per week per room.(GTQ 1860)
Cost for two people sharing with private bathroom: $275 per week per room.(GTQ 2090)
Wireless Internet Access: $5 extra per week. (GTQ 40)
Cable TV available in your room. $5 extra per week. (GTQ 40)
* Watching television in Spanish is highly recommended as it is an enjoyable way of reinforcing listening skills. Experience shows that students who watch television in Spanish progress much more rapidly
Homestay Program C
- Most luxurious homestay option in Antigua. Traditional colonial homes are common.
- Beautifully furnished private bedroom with private bathroom.
- Easy, level walk to Don Pedro Spanish School.
- Wireless internet and cable television included in price.
- Three meals per day except on Sunday. Varied menu; high quality meals.
- Limited availability.
Cost: $ 250 per week per person. (GTQ 1900)
Two People Sharing One Room
Cost for two people sharing: $350 per week per room. (GTQ 2660)
Shuttle Transfer Service
- Upon arrival, from La Aurora Airport in Guatemala to hotel or host family in Antigua.
- Includes all people who are traveling together as a single party.
Cost: $40 (GTQ 300)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
Leave a Review Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
2 Reviews on “Don Pedro de Alvarado Spanish School”
I had a fantastic time here at Don Pedro Spanish School; I would recommend this school to anyone. Claudia was my teacher. She was very helpful and lots of fun to work with. She was the best language teacher that I have ever had. I hope to come back to Antigua Guatemala and study at Don Pedro de Alvarado Spanish School sometime again in the future.
Eddy, Calgary, Canada
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Don Pedro de Alvarado. The school is beautiful and close to everything in Antigua. The teachers and staff were wonderful, patient, and caring. I studied 6 hours a day with Dalia in the morning and Wendy in the afternoon and the time flew by. I highly recommend them both. Not only did they teach me Spanish but they also helped me get acclimated to a totally different culture. My home stay was with Margoth who owns a panaderia. Despite a language barrier, she and her family made me feel at home. The food was wonderful and they were a tremendous help with my Spanish. I highly recommend Don Pedro de Alvarado Spanish School, in fact I hope to return next summer for a longer stay.